It’s tough to keep creative especially when school begins, but fun doesn’t need to end when kids go back to school!
Jeanette Torres Alvarez, a childhood expert, is promoting Jif’s Annual Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest.
About Jeanette Torres Alvarez
– Born and raised in Puerto Rico, currently lives in Miami
– Married, mother of two (Andrea 6 and Santiago 18 months)
– Enjoys peanut butter and considers it a healthy, delicious and easy way to make sure her kids get protein
– Earned her Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology, graduating with honors in 2001 from Florida International University and two years later earned a Master of Science degree in Mental Health Counseling from
NOVA Southeastern University. She is an active member of several professional organizations such as Psi Chi, the National Honor Society in Psychology; and the Honor Council of Florida International University
– Columnist at People En Español (2.3MM impressions) and writes monthly on matters to support and guide parents to reach their maximum potential and increase their family’s quality of life
– Network ambassador for Discovery Familia and hosts “Nuestros Hijos” a series of educational capsules for moms
– Due to her successful work in the early childhood field, “Jinny” has served as the “On-Call” Mental Health Counselor for Univision, Despierta America Show, a nationally broadcast Spanish language morning television program aimed at the growing and influential Hispanic community in the United States
About the Program
Jif kicked off the tenth year of its Annual Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest. This is a contest that aims to foster creativity in the kitchen and invited kids (along with their parents) to submit a recipe for a creative peanut butter sandwich. Get inspired, take a look at the plethora of recipes available on Jif.com and in Spanish on Jifenespanol.com. You can vote for the contest finalists on January 14, 2012.