Summer is almost here and for families it’s the most popular time to move to a new home. NorthStar Moving, an eco-luxury moving company based in L.A. has unveiled a new customized package designed to deliver the ultimate luxury in stress-free moving – child care. The package is appropriately called “The Angelina” and through a partnership with respected child care provider Nanny Poppinz, NorthStar Moving will help make the transition easier for the whole family by providing a safe environment for children. The service keeps the little darlings safe, happy and entertained under the watchful eye of a modern day Mary Poppins, while mom and dad focus on the busy moving process!
NorthStar Moving, has been the choice of celebrities like Angelina Jolie & Eva Longoria.
I had the pleasure of doing a telephone interview with the company’s co-founder Laura McHolm about tips on how moms can stay organized during the busy moving time.
* Keep children involved with the moving process, i.e. let the child walk through the new place; this makes the move a smoother transistion and also gives the child the sense that they are involved and doing something to help.
* Arrange web cam time with children’s friends when you move to the new home, it will help make the transition easier when they know they can keep in touch with their old friends.
* Stay in touch with your old neighbors.
* Host a party in your new neighborhood and invite children of the same age as your own kid(s) over so that they can make friends.
* Let child(ren) pack their own bag(s). You can oversee this.
* Have them arrange their own room. Laura suggested drawing out a floor plan of the rooms in the new house and letting the children arrange what they want in their room, while you arrange the other rooms.
* Color code which boxes belong in which room, let the children place a color coded shape/picture, whatever you choose, on their own boxes (oversee this). Fluorescent labels are also a fun idea. — Keep the children involved with the procees.
* Activities for the car/airplane trip:
Wrap things you were going to give to your children anyway and give to them during the car/airplane trip, this makes the process more exciting; save some to give to them when you arrive at the new home.
Make sure you have a first aid kit ready; along with an earthquake kit.
Bring snacks, like carrots, travel water canisters, Laura suggested that Martinelli Apple juices are a good thing to bring because they don’t squirt
Remember to bring paper towels, wet naps, recyclable utensils, ziploc bags.
Sing along CDs; in-car DVDs.
If someone other than you will be travelling with the children make sure you have a medical release form prepared for their caretaker.
* Wrap up some wish list items the children had and put them in their closet at the new home, for them to discover.
* If you are planning on getting rid of items the children no longer use, do not do it during moving time. Otherwise the children will experience loss, this is not the right time to weed out their things, wait until you are settled in at the new home.
I found these tips very helpful, I hope you will too. If you are planning a move “The Angelina” package is a perfect solution to your child care woes, especially if you don’t have family near by to assist with watching the children.