It’s pretty obvious lately that natural beauty is becoming somewhat of a lost art. Eyebrows are heavily drawn on and arched, foundation is full coverage, eyes are adorned with 20 different shades of eyeshadow. While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with wearing makeup and experimenting with your look, it’s about time we all embraced our natural beauty a little more.
This doesn’t mean going barefaced every day. It simply means using a few smart techniques to create a natural makeup and beauty look that you love.
A Natural Makeup Routine
To embrace your natural beauty, you may want some suggestions for a natural makeup routine. You don’t have to wear makeup if you don’t want to, of course, but many women prefer to. They just don’t know what to do to create a natural look that they love! Here are some suggestions that can work for anybody:
- Use a lighter coverage foundation or even a tinted moisturiser. You want your skin to show through!
- Focus on achieving a flawless complexion. Use color correcting concealer if you need to, and a brightening concealer under the eye.
- A brightening powder will help to set your foundation all day.
- Fill in your brows lightly with a powder or pencil. Gel can sometimes be too dark and bold.
- Use lip gloss or balm rather than a lipstick. If you don’t want to go without your lipstick, try one with a more moisturising finish.
- Curl and use mascara on your lashes – no need to wear falsies.
If this is too natural for you, there are a few optional extras you could add. A natural highlighter on your cheekbones and nose could give you that little bit of oomph you’re looking for. A little bronzer can also help to give some color and definition to the face.
Don’t Forget Your Crowning Glory
Having a natural makeup routine is great, but what about your hair? That needs to look naturally fabulous too! Make sure your hair is moisturized and shiny by using a great shampoo and conditioner. Applying hair serum or oil while damp will help to smooth and shine things out. Adding something like tape in hair extensions can give you volume and length in an instant. No need to spend ages backcombing your hair for that extra volume. If you don’t want to wear your hair down, a high ponytail is always a great and quick option. Just tie a strand of hair around the hair tie for a sleek and professional finish that takes seconds.
When Can You Use This Look?
You can use this sort of look absolutely anywhere that makes you feel good! You can wear it to school, work, on a dinner date, running errands, or even on a big night out! Many people don’t feel confident wearing minimal makeup on a big night out, but it’s actually becoming more popular. Celebrities like Alicia Keys have decided to go makeup free on the red carpet lately, and they look incredible for it.
How will you create your natural beauty look?